NFL Power Rankings: Surprising Rams, Bills, Vikings, Saints in top 10 after Week 8 – CBSSports.com
It’s the halfway point of the NFL season, and so far it’s been eight weeks filled with plenty of surprises and not too much great football.
Among the surprises:
- The Buffalo Bills were supposed to be tanking, and yet they’re 5-2 heading into a brutal stretch of their schedule the next five weeks.
- The Los Angeles Rams come out of their bye tied for first place in the NFC West.
- The Minnesota Vikings lead the NFC North with their starting quarterback playing two games and Case Keenum taking over as the starter.
- The Oakland Raiders, a preseason Super Bowl pick by many, are now 3-5 heading into the second half of the season.
- The New Orleans Saints lead the NFC South and may actually have a defense. Yes, the Saints have a defense.
Will all these things stay this way as we head to the second half? Probably not, but November is a month for separating from the pack and showing growth as a team. The teams that do that will be playoff teams.
For now, the Rams, Saints, Vikings and Bills are top-10 teams in my Power Rankings. How many are still there come December? I say at least two, but you try and guess which ones it will be. In this wacky season, we really have no idea about this league. Do we?